Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"Lost" Tooth

So this past weekend we were all over at Jon's parents just relaxing outside and enjoying the weather, when Anthony comes around the house and informs me he can't eat anymore of his apple because his tooth was coming out. Sure enough right there on the bottom left--his little tooth was barely haning on. We assured him it was ready to come out and all it needed was a little tug. After much coaxing and encouraging from all of us he got it out...he did it all by himself and didn't want anyone touching or helping...even Aunt Susie who works in a dental office!:)

So losing your first baby tooth is a big deal right? The kid made out like a bandit before we ever got home! With all the aunts, uncles and grandma and papa. So that was all great now here is where the story gets interesting and eventually down right funny. We quickly put it in an envelope to keep it safe and it was safe all afternoon. However Sunday evening my parents came by and I do not know what possessed me to let Anthony take the tooth out of the envelope and hold it in his hand, but not twenty seconds after I said, "don't drop that or we will never find it out here in the YARD! (what was I thinking?) he dropped it!!!!!!!!!!!!! We immediately began to search and I continued to search way past my parents and Jon had to give up. I searched with a drop light until 9:30 and then I was back out there Monday morning. Needless to say we have a very bare spot with no grass right in front of our porch. I finally gave up and we decided to put a "substitute" tooth in an envelope. Anthony had us write "Dear Toothfairy, Sorry about my tooth...it's somewhere in the front yard." Anthony already asked us straightout about the toothfairy and we couldn't lie, but he still thought it would be cool to pretend. The "Toothfairy" wrote back..."Dear Anthony, I'll let it slide this time. Be more careful next time. Congratulations!" Anthony had a dollar under his pillow...I of couse saved both envelopes for the baby book and we were on to other things. Then, today WEDNESDAY--I got out of the van and just thought I would walk over and take a look now that it has rained, and Jon has mowed and used the weedeater in front of the porch. Would you believe I bent over and picked up that tooth right off the top of the ground! No kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not know why God's timing involved me waiting three days to find that thing, but He knew right where it was all the time!

Here's a picture of Anthony right after "the extraction" (Sorry about that...that picture is on Jack and Wanda's camera...I'll have to get it and post it later) and also a picture of a wedding cake I did this past weekend. Not too shabby for an amateur. I was pleased when it was all done.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Sounds like a very interesting tooth fiasco! I can just imagine what the neighbors thought you were doing out there so late at night with a flashlight....ahhh, the days of our lives! :) I'm glad you found it. And, tell Anthony that we're still very proud of him for pulling that tooth all on his own!!

"Sometimes when we're not even looking we find little treasures."