Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Cake, cake and more cake



This is a picture of the wedding cake another "cake lady" and myself created for a wedding last Saturday. When I was approached to make it, I quickly declined when they told me there were going to be 200-250 guests. I mentioned it to someone and they suggested I ask Susie to help me. Her daughter is getting married later this year and wants a fondant wedding cake. I had the fondant experience and Susie had the years and years of wedding cake experience. It worked out very nicely and we actually had a lot of fun. (Well, I did get tired of cooking wedding cake...you are looking at 14 cake mixes, 12 pounds of powdered sugar and a can and a half of crisco...and that's just a few of the ingredients on the list.) Susie put the edge around the bottom of each layer on and I really, really think that just "made" the cake!!!!!!!!!!!!! Overall it was a really great experience. Below is the groom's cake they requested(so there would for sure be enough cake-Jon made the cake board for us and it measured 22 inches by 30 inces to give you an idea of how monstrous it was) and below that I'm going to put a picture of some birthday cakes I made for some twins a few weeks ago. On a different note...the kids are having a great summer and the pontoon boat is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! We've had it to the lake both weekends since we got it. I think we are going to take a rest this weekend. I'll post some pictures of the kiddos in a few days--we have some recent ones that are really fun.






3 comments:

Dana a/k/a Sunshine said...

The cakes are SOOO COOL. i love them. Fondant. I wonder how that works. I need to google it. I would love to learn how to do that. You are so talented!!!

Glad you are enjoying the boat. When I went to the lake for the 4th of July weekend, I thought of you. My buddy has a pontoon boat (an old one) and so I wondered if ya'll were using yours. I am so glad you are.

Can't wait to see the pictures!!!

Jennifer said...

Angela,

That wedding cake turned out beautiful! You really did a great job.

We had a great time at the lake with you all! I got a bit of a sunburn though....I guess I should wear more sunscreen. Thanks for taking us with you, it was a blast! :)

See ya soon.

Anonymous said...

Interesting to know.

"Sometimes when we're not even looking we find little treasures."