Tuesday, June 23, 2009

CHEEEEEEESE!!!!

I'm not sure anyone is still even checking our blog since I don't get it updated very often. I have checked out Facebook some and wonder if it would be quicker and easier to just post things there every once in a while. So it has been since March when I posted last. We are good. We ended the school year in May and I was oh so ready. Since then I've been gradually working down a list of "projects" to get done before August. We've had a huge yard sale and gotten the house generally in order and cleaned out of "junk." That alone is worth the mess of a yard sale for me. It gives me a deadline and a goal. The back storage room in the basement had gotten totally out of control over the winter. We've also ended up with our boys on two different ball teams because of the way their ages fall this year. So for a few weeks we were practicing or playing ball Tuesday through Friday nights. Gideon is still playing T-Ball and they play every Friday night in June, but Anthony is playing in the 6-8 year old league and it just happens his team has games every Tuesday and Thursday through mid July I think. They love it and we don't do a lot of extra curricular sports stuff during the school year so we agree to the evening ball stuff in the summer when we aren't as busy. Other than that...we are spending any opportuniy we can on the lake. The kids love it, we love it. It's so fun to just be together. We are all super excited about the 4th of July weekend this year. We are camping from Friday through Monday for the boys birthday. (Camping 8 months pregnant won't be AS fun as usual, but hey, if I can spend a majority of the time IN the water...I should be alright!) The pontoon boat has been such a neat thing for us and we feel so blessed to be able to have it. That about sums up summer so far...like I said I am getting things done to be ready for another school year and a new baby!!!!!!!!!!!!???????????? (I'm still not sure how that is going to work out, but I trust God will guide us and give me the grace and sanity to work through it.)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

I'm glad that your summer is proving to be very productive and fun! :) I hope you all have a blast 4th of July weekend...sorry we have to miss it. We love ya.

Tara said...

I am completely addicted to FB. It's so nice getting to catch up with friends I haven't seen in years! Love the pic of the kids!! I'm gonna send the boys b-day gifts with Payton and Koen when they go to west plains with gma wanda after Olivia's party. They'll enjoy giving the gifts to them :)

"Sometimes when we're not even looking we find little treasures."